A propos de l'artiste

Your photo

 

 

 

Caroline Lee established herself in Paris in 1958, laureat of a Fulbright Grant. Her participation in the Salon de la Jeune Sculpture in 1961 opened the door to public and private commissions, and introduced her to many art collectors. Several one man shows followed in Paris at the Gallery Lahumiere, Gallery Darthea Speyer, and Gallery Jean Briance ; as well as in Amsterdam, Stockholm, and Chicago. During these years she did major commissions for the Faculté de Medecine et de Pharmacie in Clermont Ferrand, which awarded her a medal ; for the Marine National, Cercle des Officiers Mariniers in Toulon ; a signal sculpture marking an entrance to “Champs Roman”, an industrial zone of St. Martin d'Heres near Grenoble ; and then in 1982 the monument, Hommage a la Résistance for which she won the competition.

Her work is represented in the collections of the Museum of Modern Art of Paris, the National Center for Contemporary Art, and the Musée des Beaux Arts de Pau among others, as well as in private collections in France, the United States, Sweden, Serbia, and the Netherlands.